Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Goddess of the Kitchen...well, sort of.

I am completely and totally falling in love with living in this apartment.

Tonight was my first major culinary adventure. (The waffles from Sunday morning really didn't count. They were much too easy.) My parents were coming out to drop some of my stuff off, so I figured the least I could do was make them dinner. I pulled one of the weight watchers recipes that I've been saving--crusted honey mustard chicken. Definitely not the most difficult recipe in the world, but it didn't come in a box, so I was stepping it up a notch. Spent some time at the new grocery store orienting myself. I couldn't find anything without walking up and down the aisles at least four times. Why can't they make all stores the same? Anyways, I was able to gather all ingredients and execute the recipe with minimal assistance. The only part I ran into trouble with was with the chicken breasts. What I thought was the typical boneless, skinless chicken breast Jon usually stocks the fridge with, turned out to be bone-in chicken breast halves. Not very conducive to my kitchen skills. Jon came to my rescue as I struggle with a very dangerous knife to separate the chicken from the bone. But other than that, I did everything on my own. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, and I definitely did. I even managed to save a piece for lunch tomorrow so I can show off my superior kitchen skills at work!

Ladies and Gentleman, I am now a domesticated being, and a damn snazy one at that!

Amazingly, as resistant to this whole moving ordeal Jon has been, he just professed that it is "pretty damn cool" to have our own space. Would I steer you wrong, darling?

No comments: